Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Finished Conversion



As you can see from the photos, I got the feathery hat-edging done along with the cockade (which isn't showing too well in the photos.

I think the hand I sculpted came out OK, but paint will tell all, I suspect.

Work is underway on another conversion of the same casting into a cavalry standard-bearer. The hat has been put on the head and the join disguised. The feathers and cockade are done as well. I''ve also prepared the wrist to take the wire hand armature. I'm going to try to make the standard from a brass wire core with built-up Green Stuff fluting. I'll hammer the end flat and cut it to a point for the staff's tip. More tonight, I'd say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job.

Now try making another one sit up straight. Probably have to remove the back of his coat and part of the saddle. Maybe cut at the waist and repositioned?

You need another challenge, don't you?

Jim

Bloggerator said...

OK Jim,

You're on. I'll give it a go tonight.

It'll be an interesting excercise in trying to keep the proportions right.

I hope I can find my razor-saw...

Greg