Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A year already?

I just noticed that this blog got started in August of 2005. I think I've missed out one-year anniversary by a few weeks!

Oh, well.

So where are we? We've had more than 7200 visits, 196 posts, scores of comments and hundreds of toy soldiers in that time.

Thanks very much to everyone wh has taken the time to cross over into the Duchy and take a look or who has even felt moved to post a comment here.

Looking forward to the next year where I can forsee war-clouds on the horizon; those blaggards in Vulgaria have been poaching OUR fish. It may be time to raise a regiment of Swiss and some more cavalry! Build some gun-boats!

You never ever know what the future may bring. Now that I think of it, we need fortress troops! and a seige-train!

Busy, busy, busy.

3 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Your blog has been an inspiration to me. I have even started one of my own. I also now have a good supply of RSM Hanoveran troops for my little nation of Saxe-Bearstein . . . but until I get some troops painted up, I'm not really doing much with the blog.

Your photos have been inspiring. Thank you very much!


-- Jeff

Bluebear Jeff said...

Tonight I added some graphics of some of the "flags" of my imaginary SYW country (Saxe-Bearstein) on my blog . . . which has in major part been inspired by the Duchy of Alzheim.

If you are curious to look at these flags, the address of my blog is . . .

http://saxe-bearstein.blogspot.com/

And, once again, thank you for all of your inspirational posts.


-- Jeff

Bloggerator said...

Jeff,

Nice looking flags you have there. I look forward to seeing them flying over your troops!

Regards,

Greg