Sunday, February 10, 2008

Introducing IR35




The Fusilieers are coming along nicely enough. I'd say they are about two-thirds complete, with the remaining rank and file of the third of four companies due for completion tonight.

I will then get cracking on their command. I took Jim Purky's advice and bought Stadden command to go with the RSM rank-and-file, and they are a very good match being as they are of a somewhat smaller stature than the rest of the Stadden Prussians.

I'll do a comparison photo tonight to demonstrate.
UPDATE: I finished of the third company tonight - that's them in the second picture from the top of the page. I've also included a picture of the Stadden Fusilier NCO for a point of comparison with the RSM fusilier with the cheeky look on his face. Note also the part-painted Officer and fusilier drummer ithe the completed company.

8 comments:

andygamer said...

I've got to get my eyes checked: I misread your headline as "Ignoring IR35". Well, why do a post about them then? Oh, "Introducing". Never mind.

Der Alte Fritz said...

I'm admiring the sunshine in the picture as much as the figures. The temperature in Chicago was -2F for the high today. We've had nothing but snow for the past two weeks.

Bloggerator said...

27C at 5 in the afternoon.

Daylight saving means we get useful daylight until after 7:30 PM.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Good Morning Greg,

Another lovely unit of toy soldiers you have amassed there! It's also neat to see how well the RSM and Stadden/Tradition figures work together. I've got a bunch of RSM Prussian fusiliers myself (about 80) to work on this summer.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Bluebear Jeff said...

Jim,

That's over 80' Fahrenheit in case you didn't know.

Greg, Jim's high was about -19' Celsius, in case you didn't know.

Quite a temperature difference, eh?


-- Jeff

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Enough already... what's happening at the siege?? :o)))

Bloggerator said...

I could handle a high of 19.

Steve, I just played out a seige move. I'll post shortly.

Bloggerator said...

Thanks Stokes,

I think they are a "playable" unit now. At three companies they won't wither away too fast in a fire-fight!

Four companies will be better, of course.

Greg