Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Thursday Book Club

It has been on my mind for a while now to publish short reviews of "Classic" war-gaming titles on a fairly regular basis. I first turned this idea over when I made it my resolution to re-read my entire "Old School" collection over the next year.

What I am thinking of doing just now is posting once a month (or more often if I have time) a review of about 500 or so words. I'm not sure as to what criteria I'll be applying, but style, content, readability will be featuring with some sort of weighting.

The first volume I will be looking at will be Donald Featherstone's 1962 "War Games: Battles and Manoeuvres with Model Soldiers" - more this evening when I have refreshed my memory!


I would be more than happy to take submissions on this project - if you are interested, please email me at: bloggerator@gmail.com

3 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hi there Greg,

Thanks for the kind words in reference to the recent BG article. I sure appreciate it. Your planned book reviews sound very interesting. I'm eager to see how these develop. Might I be so forward as to ask if I could contribute a review of Charge!? Let me know.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

More than any other book, and without doubt, that book was singlehandedly responsible for my involvement in the hobby.... I read it over, and over, and over again.... played the Napoleonic rules for ages, and used and modified the WW2 rules to almost extinction.... happy days!

Bloggerator said...

Stokes,

Absolutely you may.

Just send the review to the email address in the post.

Cheerio,

Greg