Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More Croats

I had the day at home yesterday and started in on some lead mountain reduction. Among other things, I had one part-completed company of Croats I wanted to knock off before I moved on with any more conversions. My companies are fifteen miniatures strong, so I had ten to do from plain metal to final blast of varnish.

Below is the first shot of the completed troops. Note that after what seemed to me a sucess with the dismounted Kurfurstin Dragoons, that I am starting to base the odd few troopers on larger bases to allow for the creation of mini-dioramas.
The same line-up from a different angle. Note the minor conversion on a couple of the loading troopers for the sake of a little diversity in the firing line.
The completed company with flag-bearer. I think the colour is from Frederic Aubert's site, although there are many lovely Austrian flags available, including those from the Warflag site.

Full line-up of my Croats. I've now three full companies with another two in preparation. I expect to finish off a fourth company in the next few days.






6 comments:

MiniWargamer said...

Did you not have plans to use these in some form of la petit guerre games? Quite nice.

Bloggerator said...

They will get used for the Defence of Strudelburg Game that I was putting together before the Defense of Melbourne demo game threw a spanner in the works.

I still intend to get on with Strudelburg early next year using a simplified version of Jim Purky's Kleine Krieg rules.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hi there Greg,

Your Croats are colorful gentlemen! RSM figures I am guessing. I'll have to get some of these myself.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Bloggerator said...

Yes Stokes, RSM figures with the odd modification.

Regards,

Greg

Bluebear Jeff said...

Greg,

Your figures look great (as always).

One thing that I do with slotta bases is to cover the slot with a strip of old address labels . . . you know, the kind with stickum on one side . . . it covers the gaps.


-- Jeff

Bloggerator said...

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the tip; I'll probably be terraining the bases as I go along. The plain green base is just an interim measure.

All the best,

Greg