Monday, November 03, 2008

Rogers' Rangers

Not too much to do on the weekend except watch Season 1 of Battlestar Glactica on DVD and do a little painting. I fished a few Rogers' Rangers out of my lead pile and cleaned them up. With only three poses to play with as can be seen here, you ned to vary their colour schemes to give them a little more visual interest.
As usual, nice clean figures with a minimum of clutter to subtract from the basics - good anatomy and an elegant line. RSM Figures from the chaps at DPC. There is a URL in the comments section of this post.
I bought these because I'd both not settled on a French and Indian War project for next year at the ime and also becaise I'd never painted any of these figures - heaven knows, I think I've painted at least one or two of every other figure that DPC put out! I also think it'd be nice to use them in skirmish games.

5 comments:

Martin said...

Hi Greg,

Snazzy looking mini's, and a great paint job! They look like the kind of "rough hewn lads" that would do the Major proud. The castings don't look familiar. Do you know who made them?

Yours,

Martin

Bloggerator said...

Hi Martin,

They are RSMs, available from the chaps at DPC (Dayton Painting Consortium) - http://www.dpcltdcom.org/dpc_website_011.htm

Thanks for your kind words regarding the paint-jobs.

Regards,

Greg

Martin said...

Hi Greg,

Me again. DPC ehhh?! Excellent! Dayton's just a hop, skip, and a jump away, and an order is winging its way even as I type. Cue the creepy organ music as the picture fades to black. Oh! Almost forgot the maniacal laughter: BHA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!

Yours,

Martin

tradgardmastare said...

Super painting and an exciting period too! Keep up the inspiring work!
best wishes
Alan

Bloggerator said...

Thanks Alan,

I've since painted another half-dozen with a last three in progress; I will be doing a little skirmish game over the weekend to come.

It is an interesting period, isn't it? so much variety!

Regards,

Greg