Tuesday, August 23, 2011

IR#5 La Rosee

 As promised in my last post, a couple of pictures of my latest figures of IR#5 along with the new gunner who got snuck in at varnishing time.



I'm quite please with how the "white" metal fittings look on these as a contrast to the "yellow" metals of the other regiments.

On the subject of test figures like the gunner, I have started painting my lone plastic SSM Hussar. Dashing chap. UPDATE - pics below.

 
I am now (apart form about a dozen command figures) out of Spencer Smith plastic infantry and so as I while away the hours before payday and therefore an order from Spencer Smiths for the metal versions, I will start work on those Minot AWI that I'll be using as Jaeger.

Over the next few weeks I will be able to share some rather exciting news that I have had in the past few days about this project. But just for now, I shall remain a tease.

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Shaping up very nicely there, young Horne. ;-) Seriously though, I believe that your Rosee grenadiers are the prettiest yet.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Old School ACW said...

Why thank-you Mr Schwartz. I do believe I agree with you. :^)

Whatever will IR#6 look like?

Cheerio,

Greg