Friday, September 09, 2011

The Riders of Alzheim

 Forgive the very rough nature of these pictures. We got home from a day-and-a-night away in Castlemaine to find a big old cardboard box on the doorstep. I knew immediately what it was. I had to wait until dinner had been eaten and the children put to bed before I could open it though.
These are 11 regiments of Spencer Smith cavalry, three are painted as cuirassiers and the rest as Dragoons and other Chevaux-legere, very kindly donated by a US reader, Mr Gary C_.

More tomorrow.

5 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

You are a very lucky man, Greg. Very fortunate indeed, sir.


-- Jeff

tradgardmastare said...

A gift indeed-I give you joy of your windfall Sir!

Alan

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

I would think Mr C would be very happy to know his lads are in good hands.

SO how does your wife feel about the plan to paint the floor grass green? If you sand the varnish lightly the paint should adhere.....

justMike said...

Thought I recognised those boys. I can also vouch that they fight as good as they look. Enjoy them. We have. - Mike

Bloggerator said...

Ross, I haven't yet put that one to her.

Sssh. She is a black belt in karate.

Greg