Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Alzheimer Artillery

 Artyillery has always been a bit neglected in  my armies. I can't explain why. I like cannons. They're good. I like painting them - I have a large collection. I think it's because I don't really like painting gunners. Easy enough to see why as the Spencer Smith gunner is easily the most misbegotten, flat, flash-encrusted, two-dimensional creature ever to roam a war games table.And why is the bloke with the rammer carrying a hanky? Anwer me that!
Still, I was pleased with how the guns came up. They are Battery 'C' (Howizers) of the Royal, Loyal and Efficient Train of Alzheimer Artilery. I will now embark (cursing no doubt) upon Battery 'B'.

Now, in other news, the recent sad attempts of certain bloggers to drum up interest in their paltry blogs* has made me do a little counting and I have realised that, with another couple of gun crews and some infantry subbing for engineers/ponooniers that perhaps I might just be able to put on something similar. Perhaps this weekend. I may need to use the odd house brick instead of some bulildings, though. How Old School is that?

*What? :^)

6 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Hold on a minute. . . I'll have to adjust my monocle and unbutton my canary yellow waistcoat before I bend over to pick up that carelessly tossed-down gauntlet, what?

Best Regards,

Stokes

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

P.S.,

Excellent looking gunners and cannon there!

Bloggerator said...

Thank-you Stokes.

I'll see you at Sittangbad this weekend, thou knave!

G ;^)

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Very good, Sir! And do keep an eye out for young Captain Stokes, of the hussars. He's a good sort, but a bit green on the Field of Mars. Perhaps he can keep track on his pocket watch and give you the time every fifteen minutes, to remain out of harm's way?

Best Regards,

Stokes

Bloggerator said...

A most excellent idea. My felicitations to his doubtless anxious mother.

Regards,

Greg

tidders2 said...

Nice looking artillery

Perhaps the rammer is carrying a hanky so he can keep the guns polished and clean :)

-- Allan