Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Quarterly Review

Well, here we are at the end of another painting challenge. This one has been longer than most and i think this will show in both the amount and variety of what got dome. Naturally I have done nothing of what I actually intended, (4 x Charles Grant-styled Saxon Regiments from RSM Prussians) but what they hey.

I started the quarter on a bit of an Operation Torch kick with lots of French "armour"...
Improbably saggy-tracked Airfix M3 Lees...
 Some excellent Minimi French trucks and
Some PSC M5s.
 Then it was Ancients. mostly Rose Prestige like these Immortals
 And these rather plain Medes
 A few Garrison phrygians. Pick the ones I didn't paint.
 More Rose in the form of some Skythians.
 Then we reel back a Millennium to these Eureka Minoans. How cool are cow-hide shields?
And some Phrygian Mercenaries.
 Then we went off to Port Macquarie for a week and I got started on some Staddens who are masquerading as "Littler Britons".
 Oh, I do like them
 The gunners are patiently waiting for me to convert them some arms. The dear little fellows.
Then there's Lord Rakehell, fresh from the Crimea.
While we were away, I wanted to experiment a little with my horse painting technique and when I returned, I raised a little stud to service the various on-going projects I had on.
Just for laughs I painted up 36 of these little fellows who've been knocking about here for a LOOONG time.
Oops, nearly forgot the Greeks. These are just a small sampling. I think I got through 50 or so in the time I had. As the clock ticked down and it was time to assuage a little guilt and do these guys:

They'd been sitting in their primer glaring at me for about 6 months! So there you go - the 90 Day Challenge. About 270 Olley Points. Phew.

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Very impressive work, old bean! I like especially the red-coated Staddens, the horses, and Bavarians. The hussar officer fresh from the Crimea is rather nice too.

Best Regards,

Von Tschatschke

Bloggerator said...

Thanks Stokes. At the moment I'm pushing rather hard on some RSM95 Prussians-as-Saxons. After that it's back to the Staddens.

Cheers,

Greg