Thursday, May 14, 2015

Down t'pit

Just digging through the lead pile at the moment, and just as I send the boy down the mineshaft to see what he might pull out next, my eye alights on these:

I think the mounted officer is from the mountain gun set
Hmmm. Willies. All dressed up for the Boer War. Or the Sudan. Or even rather usefully on the North Western Frontier.

The Conoisseur gun looks good with them, and I think the boy has come back, all smirched with dust and dead daddy-longlegs with...

Nineteen of the 21st Lancers, a mule-borne mountain gun (5 mules, assorted gun bits, 5 muleteers, four gunners and an NCO - one question though, are the long strips depending from their hands casting vents or walking sticks?), assorted British and Highlander infantry and enough Ghurkas to bring a tear to the old man's eye. And look, there are the sample Pathans, Boers and Zulus I ordered at the same time. And the extra Bismark I wanted to paint as General Buller.
Imagine me in khaki
Oh dear, whatever shall I paint next?

3 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

This all sounds very dangerous, old bean. Very dangerous indeed.

Best Regards,

Von Tschatschke

Bloggerator said...

I am a bit worried.

GH

Conrad Kinch said...

Lovely work there. Particularly Bismark/Buller.